Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Wore White To A Wedding That Wasn't Mine~SAY IT ISN'T SO!

I was 23 or 24 years old, not much money, and my mom wasn't around to teach me such lessons.  The year when I was 23 or 24, I was invited to a lot of weddings.  So one day I asked my soon to be sister-in-law if I could borrow some of her dresses.  I was single at the time making good money but somehow I thought I didn't have money on account of how I was raised.  My dad was a tightwad, I literally owned 3 shirts and 2 pair of pants that were wearable.  The rest of my clothes were hand me downs from Aunt Maude.  Get the picture?  I had 4 back to back weddings in one month.  My soon to be sister-in-law gave me 4 dresses one of them being white.  As I was heading to the 4th wedding I kept thinking to myself, "I don't think I should be wearing white but it's too late to get another dress for this out of town wedding, it's just too late I'm stuck." I  was getting out of my car, when my face went flush.  That's when it hit me that I should have worn black underwear ONLY before wearing white when you are not the bride.  I sat in middle of the wedding with  all eyes on me and my white dress.  OMG I never felt so humiliated in my life.   I should have ditched the reception but I was too stupid to do even that,  besides my fiancée was in the wedding party.  I bet you thought it couldn't get worse?...... And it did.  There was me in a flouncy 1980's  white party dress and my 1980's permed and teased hair.  I walked around that reception with my head down and my eyes cast to the ground in full shame.  If I had to do it over I would have stayed in the bathroom until it was over.  Live and Learn until you are too old to give a shit about humiliation.  The end~

No comments:

Post a Comment